Where to buy Nori??

Laura

Ok...It was recommended I go get nori for my tang population...I went to the Asian Market on 183 and Spicewood Springs Road...I asked for nori and all they had was roasted nori in a sleeved bag that came in sheets...is that it? If not, where do I go?....:lol:

Mama I buy mine from HEB it's in the ethnic food isle with the Asian foods. If your on your way to wack Mark there's an Asian market on Lamar that has better prices and varieties.

OK!!! So it should come in dried sheets and I use a veggie clip??

We get the roasted seaweed from HEB....all it is seaweed exposed to prolonged heat (dehydrated)---whether in an oven or open fire. You get 10 sheets 8x7 in. (28g. total) for $2.99. Keep it in an air tight container once the bag is open.

We get the roasted seaweed from HEB....all it is seaweed exposed to prolonged heat (dehydrated)---whether in an oven or open fire. You get 10 sheets 8x7 in. (28g. total) for $2.99. Keep it in an air tight container once the bag is open.

Airtight...why is that? Will it go bad or something or humidity problems??

Wow, my local Asian market (in Killeen) has 1oz bags of Nori (totally plain, just seaweed) for $1.99. They have a whole isle that is nothing but seaweed in various forms and flavors.

My yellow tang is ignoring it thus far, but unlike some people with their beautiful tanks mine has a plethora of naturally growing algae that my little guy is glutting himself on. My oldest son named the tang 'Sprite', like the soda because his belly is so stuffed with algae he looks yellow and green... lemon lime!

If you ever want to loan out your tangs Laura I have an all you can eat buffet and their disposal...

Liz

Mama I have a clip that I got from the auto parts store, it's meant to hold down tarps. It has aligator jaws, it's the best ever. One of the many wonderful tips and tricks I've learned from the Mannings. When I get my snails and hermits I'll bring it to you.

Mama I have a clip that I got from the auto parts store, it's meant to hold down tarps. It has aligator jaws, it's the best ever. One of the many wonderful tips and tricks I've learned from the Mannings. When I get my snails and hermits I'll bring it to you.

;):doh::)

I was forever having a hard time with those suction cup veggie clips. Then someone told me this idea and it works great for me IF you have a wooden hood. Simply screw a shallow eye bolt into you hood. Tie some fishing line to the eye bolt and the eye of the clip, making sure the line is long enough to go in the water when the nori is attached and the hood is down. Viola - works great. When you're not feeding you just clip the clip on the eye bolt.

Bill

Wow, my local Asian market (in Killeen) has 1oz bags of Nori (totally plain, just seaweed) for $1.99. They have a whole isle that is nothing but seaweed in various forms and flavors.

My yellow tang is ignoring it thus far, but unlike some people with their beautiful tanks mine has a plethora of naturally growing algae that my little guy is glutting himself on. My oldest son named the tang 'Sprite', like the soda because his belly is so stuffed with algae he looks yellow and green... lemon lime!

If you ever want to loan out your tangs Laura I have an all you can eat buffet and their disposal...

Liz

could you please tell me where is the asian market in killeen