need help identifying "the $10 coral"

Hydro

This little guy I picked up at the aquadome for $10 (on clearance) and it looked basically as it does now. It is light brown color (which I assume is just b/c of lost zoozanthelle) but what you may or may not be able to see in the pics is that the polyps are neon yellow. It has a growth pattern similiar to a bonsai but I have not been able to find any bonsai that has bright yellow polyps. We have had it for several months hoping/waiting for its color to return but so far no luck. Hopefully it will someday and be worth the wait. Right now we call it "the $10 coral" but I would like to know what it really is. I really don't think that brown is the original color because it is mounted on a frag plug...so someone somewhere thought this coral was worth something. I have high hopes for it!

Any ideas of what it might be? Thanks

post-1255-12626270091062_thumb.jpg

post-1255-12626270272938_thumb.jpg

We have a coral that we purchased and it was brown in color. It took 5 to 6 months before it even started to get it's color back. Today...it's one of the most beautiful corals in our tank!!!

Sometimes corals that have lost their coloring for whatever reasons can take their sweet time getting back to their true color. In the end...it's worth the wait! smile.gif

the shape of the plug looks like it came from ora. The have really nice corals. All the plugs I have recieved from ora corals had that shape but they were black.If its in a established tank with sps parameters ant lighting it should start to get color back within a month If not sooner. Make sure I doesnt have red bugs or something pestering it. Use a magnifying glass they are tiny (looks like pollen that moves).

Edited by mikedelgado