float valve

GrimReefer

i was wondering where i can find a float valve to kick an aqua lifter on and off for a kalk top off system. i have one on my tank so i know there out there but my friend also needs one. I have checked every lfs home depot and lowes with no luck. I cant find any electric shut off and on kind. Any hints on where?

You need to check each and every float precisely to check its voltage rating. Most of the 22 gauge wire floats are rated for low voltage such as 24vDC. The Grainger online catalog has about 35 pages of items under "float switch". If you find one that is rated for 120v then all would be well.

Tell your friends that if they are building one DIY style that you need a 12-24v (matched to your relay) transformer to power the switch and activate the relay. The relay breaks one leg of the power supply cord that will power the pump.

We used to hand build these all day long when I did HVAC work. We also did the exact same thing with thermostats to create "pig blankets" or heat pads that were precise and automatic so that an animal has a warm place but cannot get burned.