Starfish Morphing?

renman303

OK, I've had a Tiger Serpent Star for about 3 years. When I upgraded to my new take a bit over a year ago, I moved him to the new 225. He was the only Serpent Star that I had. He was missing two arms (they were a bit shorter than the other 3). About 4 months later I bought a Black Serpent Star. It had all 5 arms...pay attention now...Now I only see a Tiger Serpent Star (obvious by the tan/black stripping)but, it has all 5 arms of equal length. I know most starfish cannot grow a new arm of equal length but will have a shorter arm for the ones that they lost.

Could the Black Serpent Star have eaten the Tiger Serpent Star and taken on it's coloration? A lot of this happens in the wild with poisons(like Poison Dart Frogs) but I was not sure of Starfish and coloration?

Things that make you go, hmmmmm?

My starfish constantly lose legs and they always regrow just as nice as the originals. Especially my serpent stars. On another note a color tipped Linkia that I have eviscerated itself at each arm and now I have 5 arms that crawl around my tank and each arm has regrown 5 little arms that are continuing to grow.