What's your July 4th project

mcallahan

What's everyone doing (tank wise) for the July 4th weekend?

I'll be setting up my second DC-8 to control the rest of my tank, removing my carpet anemone, cleaning pumps, fragging acans and scraping my glass with a razor blade.

I'm leaving for New York in a few hours. Driving straight through and sleeping in the truck when I get there Friday night. Sat morning I load a bike and drive to Ohio, load a bike, and continue driving all night until I get to Oklahoma sometime Sunday morning. Load another bike and then drive back to Austin.

I'm leaving for New York in a few hours. Driving straight through and sleeping in the truck when I get there Friday night. Sat morning I load a bike and drive to Ohio, load a bike, and continue driving all night until I get to Oklahoma sometime Sunday morning. Load another bike and then drive back to Austin.

We'd make great truckers. I can't stay up at night but I can easily get up @ 5am and start driving. You'd drive the night shift.

that's a lot of miles...hope they are good looking bikes.

Thats what i do, i drive for a living. i work for an auction company that deals with high end recreation vehicles. High end RVs Travel Trailers, 5th wheels, Motorcycles cars over 120,000 boats. i have driven for 32hr straight many times. as for my project, i have none.. i need to make a DIY ATO but i need to order the parts, i already got a 30gal water container for RO just need to order the ATO parts... thats what id like to do. but ill just feed the fish and go camping insted.

Thats what i do, i drive for a living. i work for an auction company that deals with high end recreation vehicles. High end RVs Travel Trailers, 5th wheels, Motorcycles cars over 120,000 boats. i have driven for 32hr straight many times. as for my project, i have none.. i need to make a DIY ATO but i need to order the parts, i already got a 30gal water container for RO just need to order the ATO parts... thats what id like to do. but ill just feed the fish and go camping insted.

Well if I ever need to road trip it over night, I'll call you and Mike.

for your ATO...why not use autotopoff.com. For $35, it works great and will save you tons of time...that you could otherwise spend re-aquascaping the tank!

ah. nice that will work. i guess a sump mount will fit any sump? i will be changing sumps soon.. well i think i have to. i have the pro clear aquatics 150 model it rated for 150g tanks but its only like 10-12 gallons total. it seems a little small for 150g tank.

Yeah, autotopoff.com rocks. I couldn't be happier with my ATO from there unless is started spawing frags for me.

As for the 4th, I'm probably working on a small deck for the back yard and cleaning out the garage so I can get to my woodworking tools. Assuming that gets done I'll be trying to finish the stand for my 90g.

The wife will be gone so I can finish the tank projects. Re-wire and trace cables better to the controller and the dj switch, for a cleaner look. Will also be installing DIY calcium reactor. Along with the usual 40 gallon water change. Oh, if the acrylic repair kit comes in this weekend I'll add that to the list as well.

Dave-

I think I am going to frag some of my zoanthid colonies, tear down my 40 gallon and start it up again (major algea outbreak), move the fish from the 40 into our main tank, write a paper, read 7 chapters, and study for a test. Oh, and maybe try to RELAX and drink an ice cold Dos XX!

Little known fact. The great barriar reef was started with frags from his tank.

That is just tooooo funny! Thanks I needed that :) Help me, I can't stop laughing now.

Bill