Looking for a Pair of Seahorses

LeroyB

I'm looking to get/buy a pair of seahorses. I'm a licensed massage therapist so could also barter massages for seahorses. I have an already established 30 gallon aquarium that currently only has live rock and a couple of snails. I want this tank to be my Seahorses tank. I have a couple of other tanks for fish and corals.

Any suggestions on where to buy and any personal experience on seahorses is also greatly appreciated.

I'm looking to get/buy a pair of seahorses. I'm a licensed massage therapist so could also barter massages for seahorses. I have an already established 30 gallon aquarium that currently only has live rock and a couple of snails. I want this tank to be my Seahorses tank. I have a couple of other tanks for fish and corals.

Any suggestions on where to buy and any personal experience on seahorses is also greatly appreciated.

Welcome to ARC! :D

Everyone that I have seen keep seahorse says that Seahorse.org is a vital resource.

Additionally, a person on another forum had real good things to say about purchasing seahorses from Seahorse Source.

Of course, you can also check the local stores. I have seen them available at Aquadome and AquaTek. But you might want to be sure they are eating at the store before purchasing them.

Good luck with them!

I have a male and female bonded pair that I purchased from RCA, where I work. They are ORA reidi's. They have given birth twice, and unfortunately I did not have the proper feed. They were eating like crazy without me realizing the rotifers were too big and they were choking!! So I ordered live rotifers (smaller) and have my nursery tank ready. He looks like he's about to pop any day now. But getting 4 out of 400 to live is a job well done, is what I hear. My experience from buying at the LFS is that you really should get ORA's only because they are the healthiest and are tank raised. I had 7 from a different wholesaler and have none to show today. Another RCA customer bought the other 3 that came in and hers are doing very well and have also given bith just 2 days ago. They are pricey though. I have never ordered online, so I can't help you there. But any more questions I'd be happy to answer. I would love more folks to get hooked on seahorses as they are also a passion of mine.

Take Care and call me at River City Aquatics or just pm me here!!

Laura