September Meeting at Chipp Walters house-- bring your bathing suit!

Hey guys, Tim and I have set up the September meeting for Saturday, Sep 14 @ 3PM. We'll cook out on the grill-- have a kegerator with cold beer, hot tub and swimming pool and I'm also printing out some cool glass scrapers (see pictures). Let me know if you're coming and want a scraper (including box for razors) and I'll be sure and print enough of them. Tim will bring 1/2" PVC and we can cut it to length for you (or you can bring your own if you like). All plastic is PETG so it works well in heat as well as saltwater.

162 Sabine Dr, Cedar Creek, TX 78612

https://maps.app.goo.gl/DzGq6N3sE7Z5xZuL7

Please RSVP below or contact Tim or myself ( [email protected] )

53897.jpeg

53896.jpeg

53903.jpeg

53901.jpeg

53899.jpeg

• Like 2

And they are really cool scrappers and have guards so the blades can be changed out pretty quickly and safely  Chipp came up with the design a couple years ago and I've been using them on my tanks for awhile.

Guest Rich Jones

Chipp,

I just RSVPed. This is my first time to a meeting. What is the address?

Rich Jones

Austin

Tank size: 300 gal

Guest Giveme_bryopsis

It is wonderful to see renewed Austin Reef Club activity. Thank you for hosting!
Please add 2 people to your guest list.
We do not need a scraper, though we are interested in your printer setup as well as the "wet ware"

Is there anything we can bring?

I have a dedicated room for my maker lab in the house with 3D printers and a Glowforge laser printer. Glad to tour. With the help of Tim, we design and create a lot of 3D printed and laser cut aquarium accessories, including reactors and phyto growing stations. Look forward to sharing them. 

I'll be smoking a pork shoulder and we'll have sodas and beer. 

You are welcome to bring a snack if you like.

• Like 1

Guest Rich Jones
Hi Chip!

Thanks for the invite to the meeting. You've a lovely home and cool reef tank. It was great meeting you and the other members. 
It was fun reminiscing about the fascinating world of the reef tanking with its splendor (and agonies). 
Cheers,
Rich Jones

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, we had a good time visiting and talking about the reef club and our tanks .

For those who missed, my daughter showed up and made an amazing pot of beans, coleslaw and pico de gallo. I smoked two pork shoulders and they turned out great. 

Gave away some scrapers and talked about 5 minute water changes and 3D printed bubble traps and phyto reactors. A great time was had by all. Even Tim got in the pool! 

The wife agreed we look forward to doing it again in the future.

It was a great meeting and great to see a group of reefers and talk tank, it's been too long!  Thanks to you and your family for hosting and cooking, the pulled pork was excellent!

• Like 2