(1) yellow tang

(1) blue tang

(1) powder blue tang

(1) blonde naso tang

(1) lieutenant tang

And (2) not-so-tang

(1) queen angel

(1) regal angel

Everyone is saying to add them at the same time, but that’s not terribly easy to do. I want to get them all as tiny/small, 1.5” at the most. And I want to add them at the same time, but getting them and then quarantining them all at the same size and same time seems almost impossible. I would have to set up another 240 just to quarantine. How does everyone go about doing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am ready to add some Tangs to my tank. The list is as follows:
(1) yellow tang
(1) blue tang
(1) powder blue tang
(1) blonde naso tang
(1) lieutenant tang
And (2) not-so-tang
(1) queen angel
(1) regal angel

Everyone is saying to add them at the same time, but that’s not terribly easy to do. I want to get them all as tiny/small, 1.5” at the most. And I want to add them at the same time, but getting them and then quarantining them all at the same size and same time seems almost impossible. I would have to set up another 240 just to quarantine. How does everyone go about doing this?

I'd do them in two batches. Aggressive fish in last batch.

Batch 1
-regal angel (super sensitive and hard to get to eat... Red sea regals I've found have higher success rates personally)
-blue tang
-blonde naso tang (hard to get to eat too but way easier than regal)

Batch 2
-powder blue tang (really hard to keep unless your tank is ich free, he'll be the first to get it and never get rid of it and then bring your whole fish stock down with it, super aggressive to new additions usually)
-lieutenant tang (never kept one)
-queen angel (aggressive angel)
-yellow tang (because all of them are crazy)

Get the yellow and powder blue the same size. Blonde naso can be bigger as they are usually non-aggressive.

If I had a choice, I'd make the regal an addition all by itself and be the first one in the tank for a month at least. They can be super shy and can be outcompeted in QT for food. I have to stress that there is a low survival rate with regals so QTing with other fish just minimizes your odds of survival a bit more.

I have a 100-gallon tub someone is currently borrowing but when they are done with it, you're more than welcome to use it. I would say if you can use a standard 30-gallon, may suit your needs better since QTing in a tub is not ideal as you cant visually inspect the fish as well being able to only view from above.

Someone told me a critter box or a fish trap type box is how the big aquariums like sea world, etc does it. Gives the fish a chance to get used to one another and keep the new one safe. I wasn’t able to find anything online to validate this theory, but I’m trying it with my new fish right now. I have a bully big eyed squirrel fish. Tomorrow we will see if the experiment worked. Tangs may be a beast of their own, but I thght I’d share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Someone told me a critter box or a fish trap type box is how the big aquariums like sea world, etc does it. Gives the fish a chance to get used to one another and keep the new one safe. I wasn’t able to find anything online to validate this theory, but I’m trying it with my new fish right now. I have a bully big eyed squirrel fish. Tomorrow we will see if the experiment worked. Tangs may be a beast of their own, but I thght I’d share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I saw the box you made on your post. I thought about making 7 of them and putting them in there for a month or so...it may come to that.

• Like 1

Will the tangs be aggressive towards the angels? Or vise-versa?

Typically not but I've had a naso tang slash and kill a regal... Well allegedly... I didn't see it happen with he was the only large fish in the tub that could put a gaping wound in an angel.

Really just depends on the demeanor but queens have been known to be nasty as they get older so there are chances down the road.