Proven aiptasia-eating filefish

KimP

My DT is now aiptasia-free and I need to send the filefish onto a new home! My DT was completely infested with aiptasia and this little guy cleared it out in 2 months. I actually need some aiptasia for an unrelated project, so that's what I'm looking for in return. You can bring loose aiptasia or an aiptasia covered rock and I'll trade the filefish for it. He is the perfect tankmate, never picked on anyone and eats whatever food I put in the tank. I have a hunch these guys still need aiptasia in their diet to be healthy, that's why I'm passing him along.

I live far south and I'll catch the filefish as soon as we have arrangements for pick up.

post-1781-0-61851500-1473702177_thumb.jp

Ty warned me about killing aiptasia with a needle and vinegar.... I've seen them pop back up and fortunately I've stayed on top of it pretty well.

Recently I started covering them in gel super glue when I find them but I can tell this would be a huge PITA if the problem has already gotten out of hand. I'm happy to say that I don't know where any living aiptasia are in either of my tanks right now. They are definitely a challenge that you have to stay on top of to defeat.

I've had them come in on frags from "reputable" online vendors too.... so there is that. I think it's hard to find a place that you can 100% trust to not introduce something silly into your tank.

I'm glad you got one that does his job. Mine doesn't touch my aptasia. My luck! [emoji12]. I like the way he's constantly changing colors like a chameleon though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like them too! Their mannerisms always remind me of seahorses :)