Repair

Christyef

Hey, all. I need ideas for how to fix this. Preferably w/o removing a plane of glass. Is there a product that will "seep" into the crack and then I can silicone over it? It's not a "big" leak... Jst salt creep....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk75e3885d83fcd306dbb6f1dea0456878.jpg

I would consider that tank done. You would need a full glass pane replacement including reseal to properly fix it. Anything less would be putting yourself at risk for a blowout one day since the crack is located at the bottom.

If you don't care about the risks associated and want to try to just stop the leak, you can always try sandwiching another pane of glass over it and using silicone to adhere it. It's like putting a bandaid on a crack on a dam though, temporary fix. Even more temporary, you can just try to silicone the heck out of it on the inside. It will not fix it structurally at all but may stop the drip.

People forget the single most important piece of equipment is the tank itself. Don't risk it. You'll just be very sad when it fails later. Either replace the glass, or replace the tank.

Wasn't that a tank someone just had for sale?

Yeah, the only way to fix it is with a new pane of glass. Anything else is temporary and risks the integrity of the tank and inhabitants.

Yessir, been for sale since December. I decided a few weeks ago to get it. Even replacing the pane, I'll still save a ton of money. Definitely a new project!

Wasn't that a tank someone just had for sale?

Yeah, the only way to fix it is with a new pane of glass. Anything else is temporary and risks the integrity of the tank and inhabitants.

Yessir, been for sale since December. I decided a few weeks ago to get it. Even replacing the pane, I'll still save a ton of money. Definitely a new project!

Bushwienger glass (pretty sure that's not spelled right) off burnet was who I used to get new glass from.

• Like 2