I need a C02 Regulator and pump for Calcium reactor.

Gruntmode

So I recently was given a PM Calcium reactor. Needs a little work but hopefully I can get it going. Has an Eheim pump on it but has some broken pieces on the plumbing sides. So Im needing a pump Regulator, tank and whatever advice I can get. Thanks in advance.

9f5b492f3ebbfcfbc0d4b66756670457.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

They're a really simple design, so as long as you get things connected correctly, it's pretty hard to mess up.

I run my feed line using an aquamedic reducing tee which I have on my main return pump outlet. Saves me from having to use an aqualifter or other dedicated pump.

Look in the classifieds or craigslist or ebay for a used reg. The best regs are 2 stage regs, but they're really expensive. You can build them yourself as well, but it's it bit of a project. I can post some links to guides if you're interested. Single stage regs like the milwaukee MA957 are typically good enough, but they're often hard to get a consistent bubble rate and it will change as the pressure in the bottle goes down.

These are the cheapest cylinders I've been able to find if you want to purchase a new one: http://www.aquariumplants.com/Aluminum-Co2-Cylinders-p/t.htm

I don't think it's common to find used ones this cheap.

If you have any specific questions let us know. I've been using CO2 on my planted tank for more than 10 years, so have a ton of experience from that side as well as a few years of running a CaRX on my reef tank.

The pump itself is busted like it was dropped and broke the housing. What size pump would you recommend I put on it. The pvc pluming looks to still be good just needs a few fittings here and there.

The pump itself is busted like it was dropped and broke the housing. What size pump would you recommend I put on it. The pvc pluming looks to still be good just needs a few fittings here and there.

I would just order the same exact pump for replacement. Eheims have modular parts and if you knew what was broken, you may be able to just order the pieces to repair it yourself instead of having to order a brand new pump.

I wish I had seen this. I just sold a regulator yesterday. Check out Nikos Reef in pfluggerville. I know they have a couple cheap-ish single stage regulators if you can handle thet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk