The Maroon Lagoon V2.0

• 2 weeks later...

Lessen learned: when you leave town for a vacation lasting longer than two weeks, keep several spare keys available in town and at least one hidden around the house. Otherwise when one spare goes missing and the tank needs attention ASAP, you'll end up losing a window.

Luckily I have a trustworthy friend who could break into my house after I gave permission so the tank could be saved.

3ba1c5cc25554758200300a5a70ad283.jpg

Great excuse to replace with a nice double paned window though! Now I feel like my CO2 levels are just going to get higher with new tighter windows in the house [emoji854]

fdf218e9451fc572f69858dae8827e83.jpg

• Like 1

Bad urchin! Bad urchin! Silicone is a first for me.

Honestly though, I'm not surprised - That's what you get for leaving Ty alone with your urchins. ...

He's like the Saruman with orcs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Bluemoon
  • Like 4

I planted that on him so you would banish him and I could take him.

If you want the most destructive urchin in the world, you've got some weird preferences. This guy has uprooted frags that have been glued to rocks and knocked them into deep crevices that take forever to rescue. I hear fresh urchin is not a bad meal....

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to go ahead and add the calcium reactor and biopellets to a manifold. Originally I wanted to have them on a separate pump so I could turn them off remotely while I'm away on business, but so far this has caused more headaches than anything. The separate pumps just didn't have enough push, kept clogging, and I almost never have to turn them off remotely.

52498b3e2fde0b7e4a817b0ce84ad661.jpg

6311d5a7121c0086c6dd8364af8d881a.jpg

So far it has been a great decision. My calcium reactor flow rate seems more stable (although we'll see in the next few weeks if it remains that way) and the biopellets are really tumbling well now.

I just put the Miracle Mud in a glass bowl. It doesn't all fit in it, but I wanted it in glass and not plastic since glass is inert.

4430da6a7d8e58dbe298540b5b5b58a3.jpg

The bubble King is doing well, no complaints yet. Super easy to clean out and does a good job skimming.

Edited by Gig 'em