Reef ready - 46"L x 15"W or smaller

pabloescolar

I noticed tonight that a used tank I've had set up for about a week is weeping pretty steadily on a back corner. I don't think it was leaking before so it was probably something I did during the move. My girlfriend is already nervous about leaks and floods (we live together) so I need to address this promptly.

Everything else that came with it is high functioning and beautiful though, so I want to see if I can find something in good shape that will fit the stand and work with the sump.

Stand is 47" long and 15.5" wide, so if you've got something within those weird dimensions let me know.

:-|

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yikes. I don't have any extra tanks but I think the club has a tub you could borrow if you need to move your tank contents out while you figure things out. Pm Mike about it. Several members on here have resealed tanks successfully. Have you read any of those threads? FarmerTy is one. It seems fairly straightforward. You can also post in the emergency forum if it gets worse and you need some help. Good luck!

Just get a larger storage container at Dollar General and move everything to it temporarily.

Try resealing just the inside seal and see if it stops the leak. You just cut it with a blade, making sure not to cut the silicone between the sheets of glass. Then apply the silicone, I'd recommend Dow Corning 732 silicone, and run your finger over it to smooth it out. There are a million YouTube videos showing this process.

I'd let it cure for a week minimum and then water test it.

• Like 2

Everything I've read about resealing tanks suggests that the best and most foolproof way to do it is a complete breakdown/strip because silicone won't create a bond with cured silicone. I'm pretty risk averse in this situation so I think I'll leave that experiment for another time.

After doing tons of research on available rimless and rimmed tanks, it looks like a direct replacement (or the Mr. Aqua 22 long) are really my best bet for this stand. Marine Depot seems to be perpetually out of stock and every LFS I've talked to in the last three months has told me they should have a couple in stock "in the next couple weeks." And it never happens. What gives? Anyone have a secret Mr. Aqua source? Or know what the inventory problem is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk