Tunze AT-5000 chiller

M6S1K3

I'm selling my tunze at-5000 chiller. It's a beast. Cools like the best just is overkill for my tank. I downgraded. Only by wrong is every once in a while it makes that fridge knocking sound for a few seconds but isn't horrible.

Asking $800 obo

HP – 1/3 Plus

BTUs – 5,000

EER – 8.0

Tank Capacity – 100-400 Gallons

Heater Outlet – 1,000 Watts

Electrical Cord – 6’ Detachable, 14 Gauge

Length – 12 inches

Height – 18 inches

Width – 12 inches

Weight – 48 lbs

Voltage – 115-125v/60Hz

Maximum Breaker – 15 amps

Inlet/Outlet Connections – 1” FPT

Water Flow

Minimum – 360 GPH

Maximum – 1,100 GPH

Temperature Control Range - 33° F to 99° F

Diode Indicators

All Brazed...

This unit achieves a higher efficiency, providing nearly the BTU capability of a 1/2hp chiller with the energy consumption of less than many 1/3rd horse competitors. We are able to do this by using an expansion valve instead of a traditional capillary, as well as two custom condenser coils. The placement of the coils on top of the unit allow for installation in closer proximity to walls and cabinets. It includes a digital temperature controller and a 1000W switched outlet for control of a heater (not included).

ceab7d7b04f51046129e9b8dffbd8fb0.jpg

eca6cd38db71d651c7d870189a329b78.jpg

49ffa01a51cb6c3fad550231cfdebeb6.jpg

Reference

http://www.petsupplynow.net/mobi-tunze_aquarium_chiller_at5000_1_3_plus_1141379819.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you for selling me this faulty chiller for 200 dollars. It chills but the temp probe is faulty, you knew this and did not tell me. I am a disabled veteran and this is a lot of money to me.

I realize you took a huge loss on it seeing as how you got it for free. It is bad form to sell something on the same board that you got it for free, we are supposed to be a community of reefers who help each other, as prettyfish76 did with you. It is my fault for not doing more research.

I also can't believe you told me you had it for over a year and half when you got it for free in March.

http://www.austinreefclub.com/topic/33898-free-tunze-at5000-chiller-temp-issue-gone/

To others members of this group please use this as a lesson of buyer beware, especially from Matt.

Thankfully I have had great dealings with other ARC members so I know that this is still a great club.

• Like 1

Too all. First and foremost playing the DV card as a status is what's wrong with the system and those in it to begin with. I myself am a disable veteran but do not wear that as a badge as I choose not to let it define me.

Secondly. I never lied. My wife was there for the transaction. He was well aware of the temperature issue. I never said a year and a half but I may have said a year rounding the almost 10 months up to 12. For that I am sorry. The reason I received it for free was not out of charity but for the mere fact that he wanted it it if his garage ASAP for space. I contacted tunze to try and fix the temp issue. I was upfront about the issues with the chiller and the moral is that it chills. If hooked up to a controller the temp issue is solved.

Again. Not what happened. I did not get the chiller out of charity and I never thought I'd get rid of it. Turns out I don't need it anymore and it works fine. So I'm selling it

Thank you for selling me this faulty chiller for 200 dollars. It chills but the temp probe is faulty, you knew this and did not tell me. I am a disabled veteran and this is a lot of money to me.

I realize you took a huge loss on it seeing as how you got it for free. It is bad form to sell something on the same board that you got it for free, we are supposed to be a community of reefers who help each other, as prettyfish76 did with you. It is my fault for not doing more research.

I also can't believe you told me you had it for over a year and half when you got it for free in March.

http://www.austinreefclub.com/topic/33898-free-tunze-at5000-chiller-temp-issue-gone/

To others members of this group please use this as a lesson of buyer beware, especially from Matt.

Thankfully I have had great dealings with other ARC members so I know that this is still a great club.

JasReef,

I have an chiller temperature controller you can have sir. PM me and we can figure out a time/day for you to pick it up or you can just show up at the January meeting at my place and get it then. Thank you both for your service to our country.

• Like 2

Thanks Ty, I have texts proving he lied but it is my fault for not using due diligence.

Like I said this is a great club and I do not wish to create drama on this board, I always leave a review from the things I buy from people on this board and that is all I did here.

Have a merry Christmas everyone!

• Like 1

I gave this chiller away for free because the chiller had a temperature probe issue that I could not fix, even with an external probe. I called TUNZE and they could no longer support this chiller any more. So, I decided to give it away because it wasn't worth any money if it did not cool properly. I did want it out of my garage because it's NOT small, but it was ultimately free because it didn't work.

I purchased it a while ago, used, from another local reefer. It was working great at that time and the purchase price was like $200 (it worked really, REALLY well at that time). Then, it started messing up and cooling and cooling and cooling.

I hate to get in the middle of this, but just wanted to give my side of the story since I was mentioned in this thread.

• Like 1

Ty,

Way to step up and help a fellow reefer. My hat is off to you sir. You are a great example of what makes the reef club awesome.

I doubt the seller will make this right. He has proven to me to be full of crapola on another deal. I hope karma gets you Matt. You deserve it very bit that's coming to you.

• Like 1

What other deal did I prove to be crapola on? A lot of you are very bold and outspoken behind the comfort of a forum. I'm beginning to become extremely insulted. I have not said either way how I'll handle this as he has not allowed me to. And I did not hide anything as I posted it on the same forum I got it from. I was not trying to pull a fast one or dupe anyone. People are mistaking my intentions or putting words in my mouth. I love this community and I have been very active and kind towards everyone. I don't appreciate what's being said and quite frankly, regardless of him posting, it's none of anyone's business but ours. If anyone has a problem you can meet me personally and we can discuss it. This thread is done.

You sold equipment that you got for free on the same forum. It's bad form and frowned upon. You stated clearly you didn't put any work into fixing it. Regardless on whether or not you lied.

A lot of you are very bold and outspoken behind the comfort of a forum. I'm beginning to become extremely insulted.

If you would like to meet half way I'll say everything I'm saying here plus more to your face. Name the time and place. The thinly veiled threats you make are unbecoming.

No threats. Just statements. If I would have known it was "bad form and frowned upon" I would not have done so. Live and learn. That simple. Y'all are making a mountain out of a mole hill. As you stated yourself. I stated clearly and did not lie. I in no way tried to deceive or screw anyone over. If I had to guess I am probably one of the top 30-50ish most active reefers in the group. Why would I want any of this.

If it were as easy as that I would. As stated in the bumps the money was for bills. My wife was laid off. I deposited it into the atm last night and paid the credit card.