What fish to add

KimP

My tank is 4 feet long, 2.5 feet wide for 151 gallons. I can't decide what fish to add next. I loved the tassled filefish but I don't want to kill another, same with yellow eye kole tangs. I tried 3 of those in my last tank (one at a time, in my 90gal) and lost each one within a few days, even the one from divers den. So maybe a tang just isn't in the cards for me. I'm thinking maybe some anthias? I'd love any input. I've had all of my current fish for at least a year, several I've had for a few years, so I hope the deaths I've had aren't due to my caretaking abilities. I love wrasses but don't necessarily have to have more, and I need to keep the tank peaceful. I will be adding another urchin.

The fish I have now are:

Dwarf Morey eel

Foxface

Yellow wrasse

Springer's damsel

Royal gramma

Red lined wrasse

A little tiny clear goby added from my pico

Yellow watchmen goby

Inverts:

2 urchins

2 fighting conchs

2 turbo snails

1 bigger hermit and possibly a couple smaller

A few smaller snails

Also if it seems like I'm probably fully stocked I'd like to know that too.

I'm for sure getting a flame hawkfish, thanks for the idea Ty. The angel is a bit expensive right now, although beautiful. I just remembered I had been wanting to get a shrimp to go with the watchman goby. Do you think it's too late for him? I've had him quite a while and JamesL had him for a long time before that (sorry your shrimp died James [emoji53] ) He used to be paired so do you think he still would if I put a shrimp in there? If so, any recommendations?

• Like 1

Liveaquaria's compatibility chart shows hawkfish not compatible with eels. Do you think that's because the eel would eat the hawkfish, or the hawkfish would hurt the eel? My eel is a small one and hasn't eaten any of my fish. I'm assuming the chart is taking about bigger eels.

I'm going to assume there aren't any eel eating flame hawkfishes out there so I think you are correct on your assumption.

I was thinking maybe they pester the eels or something but a bigger eel eating the hawkfish is much more likely, I agree.
  • Like 1

Def Gota get a flame hawk! He's my coolest fish in the tank, like Ty's mines a chicken he gets bullied by the chromis lol. I leave the flipper scraper on the front glass for him to sit on and he'll just sit there and watch what's happening outside the tank. I've been thinking about getting a 2nd

• Like 1