DSA 175 Peninsula Build

Jimbo662

In Win 7 I'd open pics in the viewer and rotate them and when I closed the pic it would show it being saved. 10 doesn't do that for me.

There is a drop down menu somewhere on the viewer that has an edit option in it.

In Win 7 I'd open pics in the viewer and rotate them and when I closed the pic it would show it being saved. 10 doesn't do that for me.

There is a drop down menu somewhere on the viewer that has an edit option in it.

Thanks, I'll look for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Finalized my stock list. Yesterday I picked up a midas goby, pair of queen anthias and a blue gudgeon goby. Still waiting for a replacement shipment of the 4 DOA evansi anthias from live aquaria.

Full list

yellow tank

yellow eye kole tang

powder blue tang

sailfin tang

pair of clowns

2 male mccoskers wrasse's (supposed to be a pair but ended up with two males who get along fairly well so far)

5 blue green chromis

purple fire fish

2 benghai cardinals

midas goby

blue gudgeon goby

2 queen anthias

4 evansi anthias

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update...I'm finally seeing coraline forming on the rocks!!! Won't have a tank full of white rock for much longer. Most of the Zs & Ps are sprouting new little babies.

Thankfully I did my rock work correctly and placed it before adding sand. The blue gudgeon goby has decided to go into hiding and is tunneling underneath all the rocks. I've had to move all the frags that are on the sand away from the rocks or they end up in a hole!

The midas is now MIA...about a week ago he just disappeared. Not seeing any signs of a carcass and I don't have enough CUC to have cleaned him up in a day or two. I'm hoping he's just hiding...the powder blue chased him a little when he first went in.

Thankfully I did my rock work correctly and placed it before adding sand. The blue gudgeon goby has decided to go into hiding and is tunneling underneath all the rocks.

I've been thinking about how I want to approach rock/sand when I swap everything out and I'm convinced rock first is the way to go if you have burrowers. I love my orange diamond goby and will be adding a goldenhead when I upgrade. I think they are neat fish to watch and I despise dirty sand, so those guys are a must for me. Been thinking of a way to add even more stability w/ some pvc rings, but haven't quite figured that one out yet.

Huge fan of the peninsula look and love what you've got going so far!

Thankfully I did my rock work correctly and placed it before adding sand. The blue gudgeon goby has decided to go into hiding and is tunneling underneath all the rocks.

I've been thinking about how I want to approach rock/sand when I swap everything out and I'm convinced rock first is the way to go if you have burrowers. I love my orange diamond goby and will be adding a goldenhead when I upgrade. I think they are neat fish to watch and I despise dirty sand, so those guys are a must for me. Been thinking of a way to add even more stability w/ some pvc rings, but haven't quite figured that one out yet.

Huge fan of the peninsula look and love what you've got going so far!

Thanks, I'm loving the peninsula set up. So easy to get to any area of the tank and lots to see! This time I put egg crate down first and stacked the rock on that. I'm a big fan of the BRS reef saver rock. It's very jagged and you can lock it together pretty well so it doesn't slip / slide around.

• Like 1

Got the waveline pump installed today. I could immediately tell the difference with noise. The old mag 18 pump had a fairly loud deep hum. This one still has a hum but it's much quieter. I love how it turns on at a low RPM and slowly ramps to the set speed rather than the hard ON the other pump has. The mag always startled the fish when it kicked on. When I first turned it on I adjusted the speed to match the drain and it was running at about 28%. I've now got it running at 45%. Hopefully I'll see the tank responding well to the change.

post-2872-0-39808000-1450032998_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Yes, if not you'll either have a waterfall into your overflow box and a gurgling drain or you'll fill / possibly overflow the overflow box if the pump is pushing more water than what the drain can handle. I've got a gate valve on the drain line to adjust and make everything play nice together.

I actually increased the pump output to almost double what the old pump was doing and adjusted the valve on the drain to match the new output. On of the main reasons for going with the new pump was to increase the flow because I decided not to use the MP40's after all. The gyre is doing a great job of overall flow. I've got the return lines (two lines / 4 nozzles) facing directly at the gyre...which most of the day is on a pulse mode so it's helping create more random flow around the tank.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Transformation is about to begin! Just ordered the Neptune Wav's to add some crazy flow. I have two MP40's but they're noisy and wasn't sure they'd last and provide enough flow. I'll be filling up the 36g this week and hopefully have most of the corals moved into it within a week. Gotta move one of the EB8's from the controller cabinet to the new stand and I think I'll be ready.

• Like 1