Reefer Fail Moments

FarmerTy

I added a flame angel with marine velvet that wiped half my tank.

I over-tightened a union valve and had 5,550 gph hit me right in the chest.

I didn't tie my carbon bag well enough and had a cup of carbon scattered over my sandbed.

I allowed AEFW and bryopsis into my old 125-gallon system due to poor QT measures or lack thereof entirely.

I moved a 180-gallon tank that I had resealed all by myself and managed to crack the bottom pane of glass.

I didn't cover an overflow pipe with a snail guard in my old tank and it overflowed and shorted out some of my equipment.

I overdosed vodka and killed off 3 of my longest living fish (3-4 years with me).

I'm sure I could go on and on but the rest of them has been blocked out by my memory.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just starting out. What do you mean overdosing vodka. I have seen it a few times on this site.
Vodka dosing is a form of carbon dosing meant to increase bacterial growth in your tank and when combined with a skimmer, can help keep your nitrates lower. It also removes some phosphates but generally not enough that you can run without some type of phosphate remover like GFO. I currently dose carbon in the form of biopellets these days.