Leaking uniseal

Bpb

folks I've got a leaking uniseal on my brute can for water storage. Please advise. Silicone? Teflon? Anyone tackled this? Hole was cut very true and circular and cleaned up smooth with fine grit sandpaper. Can't tell if it's leaking between pipe and seal or seal and can

Please school me. I've never siliconed anything. I read a lot of conflicting reports on which is safe. Ge I or II. I understand they recently may have changed the formula? Lowes is pretty much my local option

Do you have a home depot? Not sure if lowes carries it but HD has aquarium silicon.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/DAP-2-8-oz-Silicone-Aquarium-Sealant-00688/100128841

I believe GE #1 is safe as well.

In any case, make sure it is completely dry before allowing it to contact water.

I use the GE I as it is pure silicon no additives, but it is good to know HD carries aquarium sealant. I just about live in the CP HD and never knew that.

Once again. Not avoiding searching. Just know several of you personally and know that you have siliconed successfully so I'll ask. Reading anywhere between 24 hrs to 2 week minimum cure time before letting it get wet.

I siliconed some egg crate light diffuser to a mag float for a mobile frag rack, and also applied silicone liberally to the uniseal on the water storage brute can. I couldn't remove it without cracking the plastic. It is snug, but I could torque the pipe to expose the underside of the flange on the outside so I globbed it in there thick and smoothed it over on the outside.

What kind of cure time should I observe before testing it?

I discovered that the wet side magnet for my probe holder has exploded as well so I'll likely be making a new probe holder and the silicone will be involved there as well