Mayday mayday mayday

M6S1K3

Sorry all I'm sure lately you are annoyed with my three or four rather frequent posts but I value your opinions and trust them.

My mandarin is looking super skinny which is odd cuz he normally is a vacuum for all the pods in my tank both tigger and Copepods which are plentiful. But the past two three days he is skinny and now has alittle ich on him. And my fire shrimp always pairs with him and cleans him not I think he has some too. What do I do? I'm planning on coming to Austin first thing in the morning to get whatever I need to fix this. Please help me

Stats are

90g tank with 30g sump

My hospice tank is going well except I need a chiller for it. Temps are way to high. That's not an option for me. I'll have to do this all in the main.

I greatly appreciate all the help! Love my ARC community!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if its in your DT, you dont have any realistic options. To "treat" ich, the tank needs to be free of hosts for something like 6 weeks. Fish with ich can be treated, but if the ich isn't host free, it will resurrect itself from offspring that it dropped in your DT. Affected fish need to be isolated and treated.

Also, I'd look at online pictures of ich and marine velvet. Mandarins tend to have a stronger immunity to ich due to the extra mucous on their skin but they are prone to marine velvet, which can be mistaken for ich sometimes.

Were there any new additions to the tank? Notice any of your other fish swimming in front of powerheads to get extra oxygen, especially when the lights are out?

Normally that's not a problem. But taking the mandarins from the tank with the food population is the only issue not I put it in my hospice Id spend a ton feeding it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk