Sick fish? Help?

M6S1K3

Fairly new to this but woke up today and saw a white spot on my purple fire dart fish. Doesn't look like ich to me as its not on the ich areas. Something I should worry about? If so what do I do? Thanks!

021b6fd7fb338d509d34ddde77c06d6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok thanks. After research on this my fish is showing no signs of fluke other than the skin/gill thing. Behavior is normal. No differences in water parameters. Could it possibly be something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tend to agree with the above.

And will add that I have recently (3-4 months ago) gotten much much more serious about what I feed. While QT does a great job of minimizing pests and parisites it does not ensure proper fish health.

I've added Dr G's line into my food mix after seeing Travis bring back a number of fish I would have thought surely gonners. I also started a garlic soak as well. I have noticed a tremindous difference in both the way my (few) fish eat, as well as coloration and weight. I don't think for a second it is curing anything and still say full QT is needed for anything wet, but it certainly doesn't hurt!

Hunter tells me they have lost the Powder Brown in the display at the dome. He thinks it is mainly due to nutrition. The tang has always had a fight with ich, showing signs radonmly, but quickly recovering. However, lately there has been NO algea in the tank, and the tank is fed no algea suppliments. The boughts with Ich began to prolong and recently he was found all but dead so was dispatched.

Not at all a knock on the Dome, but Travis at Nikos would have gotten this fish healthy again (or at least given it a good go). So, I have tried to immulate more of Travis's nutrion practices. There are also a few vids where Pelleta talks about getting Ich when he runs out of or stops feeding garlic. He also keeps crazy fish at crazy population so he isn't a base line by any standard; but it does suggest the garlic is doing SOME thing.

Anyway...just my $.000000000000002