Question: Metal Stand - Finish

SChrisEV

Well my stand is almost done at the welders! He's done a great job, and did very it quickly. If it was not for the rain, it would be done now. I still need to finish the stand, and I was thinking going with rhino coat. Does anyone know of of some place in the Austin area that does that? I know there is a bed lining company, was just wondering if there where places that anyone on there know about or even better yet could recommend?

Thanks!

That's great that the welder worked out for you. I thought he was a great guy and did great work with the modifications to my stand.

I would check out some of the "offroad" stores in town and see if they can do it.

I would swing by harbor freight and pick up a couple cans of truck bed liner spray. I sprayed the front and back bumpers on our fj cruiser and was very impressed on how well they hold up. I plan on buying a couple cans soon to spray my new Tacoma.

The rhinining on my stand is awesome. I'm glad the previous owners did that. They even laid a plywood bottom to the stand and had it rhinolined with it to be able to hold water.

Sascha had a good idea with lining the interior of his stand with bathtub liner and stapled it to his wood stand.

LineX is another brand of rhino liner you could look into to as well as the spray on bed liner in a can if you wanted a DIY option.

Scott the welder I believe knows a guy that can powder coat the stand for you as well but it's pretty expensive I believe.

Yeah Scott mentioned he knew a guy, and was looking for the contact info for me. Interesting Idea on the plywood bottom lined as well. I did see the post about the tub liner, I might have to look into that. My stand is kind of in two pieces, more pic in my build thread very soon, so that might work better than the plywood.