UPDATED: Need Help: moving a tank

SChrisEV

My "need help" threat kinda took a turn to a Ty the strongest/smartest man thread... but then truths have a way of doing that. smile.png

But for Real...

I'm actually ready to move the tank almost any evening, and really any time over the weekend, I am trying to work around the sellers schedule. That being said I have a few date and time slots that have been presented as "workable". I wanted to put them out there to see what if any of them will work for those willing/able to help.

This Saturday 3/7, around 8am or after 6pm

The following Saturday 3/14 after 1pm or most of Sunday 3/15

Almost any evening during the week after 6:15pm

With the sellers help, and one other person I think I have lined up, I believe that 3 more would be perfect, 2 could be doable.

I'll do Pizza and Beer, for those that help!

If you can, and want to help any of those times PLEASE respond with what time(s) that you can help. Once I get the needed head count I'll lock it in.

MANY THANKS!!!!

Chris

Chris, I can help next Saturday anywhere from 1-3pm. Sorry for the tangent the thread took... we're a bunch of goofballs.

:) It's all good! Thanks for the help. To be clear next; Sat. as in 3/14?

Brian,

I think it's a marvelous idea. When the libations start flowing so will most of our mouths. It sounds like fun but I bet more hair brained ideas get cooked up then tanks moved.

Okay, I have a firm day and time. Saturday 3/14, at 1:30pm. This was largely due to the availability of the seller and the time that people said they could help. I have 5 people right now (THANK YOU SO MUCH), and a possible 6th. The 6th is a soft maybe, so if there is one more person that can help at that time and day, that would be perfect!

My plan is to rent a trainer or something for the day. Ideally will fit both tank and stand, if not I may try and line up a truck, so we can do one trip.

Thanks,

Chris

:) Yes, moving the tank from Hutto, to Pflugerville.

Tank Movers (so far):

Me plus 1 (possibly 2)

Jason (Seller) said he'd help

Ty

Viet'spride70

Because I am confirmed 2, and only a maybe on 1, I am still trying to firm up the 3rd, so we have 6 people confirmed. I'll PM addresses for both pickup and drop off locations once we are closer. It's about a 5/10 minute drive between the two locations. Well, with the tank it will likely take a little longer.

I will be there for sure. Not the strongest but if ok with everyone I borrowed from I can bring the suction cups (I have 8 of them borrowed now) furniture dollies (square flat with 4 wheels) and tie downs. I'll have a little truck if needed to transport.

Congrats on the tank. It is sweeeet! Picked up some fish from them and got to ogle it.

See you next weekend.

Lara

I will be there for sure. Not the strongest but if ok with everyone I borrowed from I can bring the suction cups (I have 8 of them borrowed now) furniture dollies (square flat with 4 wheels) and tie downs. I'll have a little truck if needed to transport.

Congrats on the tank. It is sweeeet! Picked up some fish from them and got to ogle it.

See you next weekend.

Lara

Awesome thanks Lara!! The suction cups will come in handy!! Have you nailed down your unload? I plan on helping you with yours.

As for the trucks go, my plan right now is to borrow/rent a trailer. I think that will make it easier to load an unload.