UPDATED: Need Help: moving a tank

SChrisEV

I know we've had a few of these requests lately, sorry to put another one out there... Sorry to see Jason and Amber leave (hopefully just for a short time), but I am happy to have their tank live on under my eye!!

This tank is heavy, 3/4" glass 60" long 30" wide. I think that 6 strong people could move it pretty easily. Given that I will "supervise" I need all 6 people. Just kidding. Jason was kind enough to offer to help, so I think I need 4 more people. I'm trying to line up a couple non-reefer (the aquarium kind) friends as well. but as of this post I need 4 more.

The time has not been determined yet, but looking for help the weekend of March 14th (Saturday ideally), weekend after next. Jason lives in Hutto, I live in Pflugerville, right on the border of Round Rock, so the two locations are not far apart. Jason and Amber seem pretty flexible, and I can make any time work.

I would definitely like to borrow some suction cups capable of lifting this monster.

I'm very excited about the upgrade, moving from a 92g display to a 185g display! I'll start a build threat soon!

I'll come up with some sort of a thank you for the helpers. I hear that beer and BBQ are pretty good draws... so we'll see. smile.png

NO STAIRS! smile.png Both locations are close to the front door.

I unfortunately work that Saturday and Sunday but if anything changes I will let you know. I will watch this thread to see if the date changes and if it fits my schedule, I will help.

Man, it would be perfect if you moved the same Saturday and the same crew that just lifted and slid OceansTraveler's tank into her house shoot over and move yours real quick as well. Just thinking in an ideal world.

As long as I don't have to work that Saturday, I'm in to help. It's only an 185-gallon... I've moved that with me and one other person before, no problem... unless it's like freakishly thick glass like 3/4", which they usually don't use that on a 185-gallon.

Well, I'm up for it, Jason and Amber felt the following weekend was better. If this Saturday is better I can ask if they can make that work. The sooner I have this in my house the sooner the fun can begin smile.png Although I it will not be set up right away, as I need (read want) a metal stand built for it. wink.png

Man, it would be perfect if you moved the same Saturday and the same crew that just lifted and slid OceansTraveler's tank into her house shoot over and move yours real quick as well. Just thinking in an ideal world.

As long as I don't have to work that Saturday, I'm in to help. It's only an 185-gallon... I've moved that with me and one other person before, no problem... unless it's like freakishly thick glass like 3/4", which they usually don't use that on a 185-gallon.

It is the freakishly thick 3/4" glass. :( Sadly

Unfortunately this one is 3/4" lol.

I am with Ty, if there were a way to move them both on the same day I would be in for sure.

Oh man, I just threw out my back just thinking about the 3/4" glass.

On a totally different and unrelated topic, I see I have to work that Saturday... which Saturday you ask? Whichever one you are moving on. [emoji12] Kidding!

Alright, 4 people it is. No two-person job here.

Oh man, I just threw out my back just thinking about the 3/4" glass.

On a totally different and unrelated topic, I see I have to work that Saturday... which Saturday you ask? Whichever one you are moving on. [emoji12] Kidding!

Alright, 4 people it is. No two-person job here.

I think Jason said they has 4 moving it in to his place, but 6 would have been much better. If I can line up 6 then all the better.