Dan and Meg's 240 Gallon Long

Dan H

BTW, got my full face masks. Fit like a glove!

Do a fit test on it Dan. You'd be surprised how much one can leak if it's not the correct shape for your face.

Here's a quick guide I found online. This is the self-check. You can actually call up a place that does safety training on respirators and have them do a real fit-test with smoke irritant if you really want to do it right.

http://m.gemplers.com/tech/respfitcheck.htm

• Like 2

Son of a gun (obviously said with other choice words in real life)!

So I just checked the PAR on the display tank, and it is definitely not as much as I hoped... At the top of the rock pile, it's only topping out around 200 PAR directly below the Kessils. At the highest point (top of the Miyagi Tort) it's only at 300 PAR. About halfway down the rocks it's down to about 150 PAR. I didn't check the sandbed yet.

The Kessils are about 6" above the water, the BMLs and Reefbrites are about 8.5". The Kessils were at 100% intensity and 45% color. I tried to play with the color and it does bring the PAR up a little when it's in the 50-60% range, but only by 20 PAR or so at most.

So, anyone have some good ideas on how to get more light? Options include adding more lights (Kessils, Reefbrite, etc), somehow lowering the Kessils... It's not really practical to lower the BMLs or Reefbrites. I can swap out the Reefbrites for their more powerful version which would be an easy fix to get a tad bit more... In fact, that's almost certainly one of the things I'll do.

post-3872-0-27293900-1461374655_thumb.jp

post-3872-0-25203300-1461374663_thumb.jp

post-3872-0-80527000-1461374670_thumb.jp