Anyone tried Reef Interests All In One Bio Pellets

Juiceman

I have the NP All-in-One pellets, they seem to be working well but I do not have anything to compare them to. They are running on a new setup which started with all new live rock and sand so I am not sure how much work they have to do. I have a filter sock on the the return and do have to clean out the GFO every week. I am not sure if the skimmer would catch that or not but I did not want to take the risk.

I have the NP All-in-One pellets, they seem to be working well but I do not have anything to compare them to. They are running on a new setup which started with all new live rock and sand so I am not sure how much work they have to do. I have a filter sock on the the return and do have to clean out the GFO every week. I am not sure if the skimmer would catch that or not but I did not want to take the risk.

I'm confused by your statement. You clean out the GFO weekly. So you're still running GFO along with the all in one pellets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No the GFO comes off of the pellets as they tumble and is removed by skimming or in my case a filter sock. That is how they are supposed to remove nitrate and phosphates.

Yeah it says on the site to have the outlet of the reactor close to the skimmer intake and filter socks to pull out the rest.

My thought is that the biopellets would be used at a much slower rate than the addition of phosphate in your tank, rendering the GFO that slowly gets released from the biopellets less effective on lowering your phosphate level. I say get a better GFO reactor and call it a day. Not sure what you're using but order something more solid if it's just a TLF reactor?

My thought is that the biopellets would be used at a much slower rate than the addition of phosphate in your tank, rendering the GFO that slowly gets released from the biopellets less effective on lowering your phosphate level. I say get a better GFO reactor and call it a day. Not sure what you're using but order something more solid if it's just a TLF reactor?

I have the Deluxe BRS Reactor. It has regular BRS GFO. I don't have a spot to mount it properly out of the water so It doesn't run consistently and clogs constantly.

In my 4 years of reefing, i've never been able to achieve the proper tumble for GFO

I used the AIO pellets for 2 reasons; 1 the bio-reactor I bought was so big I was not sure if I could fit more equipment under the tank and 2 I didn't want to have to buy and maintain more equipment and media. In the long run I do not know if it will more expensive to buy the AIO pellets, which are not cheap, or buy another reactor and run GFO separately.

On the plus side the reactor is so darn big it has no problem tumbling these heavier pellets.

I am using the standard BRS pellets in a 150 TLF reactor. I started these Sunday the 8th. They are tumbling OK for now. I had the same problem with GFO when I used the little pads. I wonder if I used the plastic mesh it wouldn't clog so badly.