What's this from

ckyuv

Recently my tank got cyano, I have treated the tank and done 2 water changes of 40% ( first time ) and 20% ( seccond time ). I noticed on my Digi some white spots starting to appear. This is the coral I dump the nsw on in the water change so I figured I just made it mad. Upon closer inspection it looks like there is bites taken out of the coral. Every coral I add is dipped in bayer for 5-10 min then revive for 5 min so I'm hoping something didn't make it past that. I have also added a flame Hawkfish recently as well. Not sure he'd eat sps but who knows. Any ideas?

post-2461-0-12841800-1423435123_thumb.jp

post-2461-0-77103600-1423435135_thumb.jp

Since the spots are all oriented to the light and not around the base or at other tips within easy range of a fish I'm going to say first: maybe salt creep or sediment landed on it and burned it or choked it? But my second is what I feel more likely is some of your water parameters have changed and your coral has become somewhat more photo sensitive and that's the first area to be affected. Check all your parameters including P04 and Magnesium and if you've added anything check around to see if it has any feed back on causing photosensitivity.

Awesome I'll check the water, I didn't realize the coral could loose skeleton like that I've only ever seen it just bleach. I turned off the return and the gyre and took a top down, there's alot more white than I could see from the front.

post-2461-0-04460100-1423445959_thumb.jp

Ckyuv, may be a dumb question but are those perhaps the white growth tips from a digitata growing?

Hard to tell from the pic... you LED guys and your hard to photograph tanks... throw in an iPhone and it's like blue city in there! [emoji13]

Haha, my iPhone and my lights hate each other. Well the tips are white and growing but there is random spots on the skeleton that are missing polyps/skeleton. Small chunks of the coral are just gone but the coral still has good pe