Keeping clam upright

ckyuv

I got a small derasa clam, maby 2" clam that won't stay upright, I keep standing it back up and as soon as something moves by it and it closes it tips itself over again. I pick it up like 3 times a day since I've gotten it. Any ideas? It's sitting on the sand bed and looks perfectly healthy

I used old credit or gift cards; you usually need at least 2:

cut one length ways in half, and the other short ways in thirds for a clam about that size.

then use reef epoxy to create "walls" for the clam. You can build a box epoxying the corners together, or epoxy the bottom edges to rocks, or whatever.

Finally, watch for "puffing". Not normal slow exhales of a clam, but fast powerfull repeated open and closing like he is trying to lift himself out....which of course is the clam trying to change location. You can relocate the box and clam to another spot.

Just a thought here ckyuv but clams have been known to lay themselves down sideways when the light directed at it is too bright. Deresas actually prefer less light than their maxima and crocea cousins. Perhaps it just needs less light or needs to get acclimated to the brighter LED light slowly?

I got the clam cradle thing like mike posted, he was doing fine. I have been at work the past few days sun up to sun down so I haven't looked at the tank much. Just got home a bit ago and the clam shell was empty and clean enough on the inside I could eat out of it. Not sure if it's been dead or someone in the tank ate it. It was no where close to the clam cradle. Oh well I give up on clams, back to over priced sps with silly names.