November 2014 Photo Contest

JamesL

Photo Contest:

Enter a photo of anything reef/fish tank related.

Submit your photos to the following gallery: November 2014 Photo Contest Gallery. Submissions close at midnight November 30th. Voting will begin first week of December through December 15th.

1st place prize - $25 in Reefs2Go Gift Certificates ($50 if we have more than 5 entries!)

Happy shooting!

Please note the rules:

• Picture must be taken by you.
  • One entry per person.
  • Picture must be aquatic themed/related.
  • You may win once every 12 months. I.E., if you win a in March, you will not be able to enter again until March of the next year. This gives everyone a chance to win the contests throughout the year.

* Photos submitted may be used to promote ARC or be reprinted in our annual calendar (with proper attribution).

Add the Winners are. . .

January - JeeperTY
February - Mo'sMyName
March - CaptainK
April - dapettit
May - versace
June - bigsby
July - Reeflover
August - KimP
September -
October -
November -
December -

• 4 weeks later...

If I could suggest a theme for the next contest, maybe B&W? It's interesting trying to get photos of colorful fish and corals and making them look decent without color biggrin.png

Anywho, ENTERED!

Thank you for the suggestion. But at this point, it is hard enough to get people entering the contest... thus the reason I left the category wide open.

We are working on a different contest scheme for next near.

I don't know if you have a stockpile of these Reefs2Go gift certificates, but most people avoid them. Maybe something from a local shop would entice. Everyone loves Reefcleaners and Liveaquaria. You probably don't even have to offer money. A frag of something desirable or a gadget would probably work just as well.

I agree you shouldn't have to bribe people to enter, especially since popular demand resurrected the contest. If I were to enter, and somehow win, then I would likely give away the Reefs2Go certificate.

• Like 1

I agree people might not want the Reefs2Go items... which is fine, many have turned them down. We are working on a better prize for next year.

People should be submitting just for the glory and fame of being in the calendar! :)

I wish there was a way to submit for fun if you've already won for the year. I'm always down for trying to catch an interesting picture. Or maybe we can bump up the game one month and have users submit a video as a contest... make the most artsy video you can of your tank and it's inhabitants.

I wish there was a way to submit for fun if you've already won for the year. I'm always down for trying to catch an interesting picture. Or maybe we can bump up the game one month and have users submit a video as a contest... make the most artsy video you can of your tank and it's inhabitants.

I wish I could figure out how to post to the gallery from tapatalk. Any pointers?

• Like 1

I haven't submitted due to not being able to do it from tapatalk. It's a pain to pull out a laptop (for me at least)

I've just clicked on full site through the browser on my phone and it works just fine.

Pictures that is. Haven't tried videos.