Yellow polyp help

Bpb

imagejpg1_zps6f417bb6.jpg

Many of you have followed and helped me in my tank build documented on here. For those who haven't...Recently set up 90 gallon sps dominant mixed tank 4 months ago. On a piece of rock that found itself at the very bottom of the stack, it looks like a yellow polyp snuck it's way in. I really tried to remove as many pest species as I could from my previous tank but missed this one polyp. Next thing you know I blink and it's infiltrated and I can see will soon overgrow this rock and potentially others.

The whamming watermelon zoas that it's growing through..I can handle losing. I have a lot, but I would rather not remove this entire rock. It's about the size of a football and is supporting the bulk of my rock stack as it is.

How can I possibly remove the yellow polyps without taking apart the rock work

You can remove them with tweezers one or two at a time (per day) and not harm the tank. If the are growing over the top of the zoas they will likely come off easily also. Just don't pop more than a couple at a time. It also wouldnt hurt to be running carbon during the eradication time period.

Clown. Thanks for the pointers. In the next couple days I'll bring the carbon online and start working with some tweezers and scissors. That's the beauty of having suture removal kits at my disposal. Sharp scissors and tiny tweezers.

Makena. Happy to help (also reluctant, I once thought I wanted them too) but I won't be at the frag swap unfortunately. I live a couple hours away and can't make it to town that evening.

Only thing that worked for me was to mentally mark the spots remove the rock and burn them with a torch. yes it does kill the surrounding zoas and leave holes but they will recover and fill in fairly quick.

Oh yes and don't inhale, as you would not like the affects!

Edited by Neon Reefer

Well...if it comes to it I'll remove the rock before sacrificing the tank. I fear the STN backlash of mucking up the whole rock stack just to access that one rock at the very bottom