Calcium reactor co2 trouble shooting

Juiceman

Ok, I can't keep my co2 pumping into my reactor. There's nothing blocking the air line, so I'm trying to figure out what the issue is.

My reactor is being fed by the return pump of my tank. I have the flow turned down at the intake of the reactor to the drip rate I've been using for the past year.

When the bubbles start flowing when the solenoid turns on, they gradually slow down until nothing is coming out anymore.

Thus the pH of the effluent won't stay in the proper range.

The co2 tank was just refilled, and the pressure is at 35psi. It's a 6 month old regulator.

I'm guessing the pressure inside the reactor is causing the co2 to not be able to be bubbled in, but I don't know how to fix this issue.

Any ideas would be helpful.

I do not have a check valve on the co2 line.

Can you reroute the flow control to be at reactor effluent instead of at the intake? May help with control.

Also, have you tried running unit without a solenoid? Just to see if the bubbles stop in that configuration as well to maybe eliminate the solenoid as the issue? They are prone to failure and need to be replaced/repaired every couple of years.

Lastly, have you cleaned out your entire CaRX? Including the tubing and the cloth at the bottom below the rubble? There are times when the media gets reduced so small that it clogs up the cloth/pumps/tubing causing it to be difficult for your effluent to leave your reactor. I'd be careful with this situation as you may pop the top off your CaRX if too much pressure builds up.

Sent via Tapatalk

Can you reroute the flow control to be at reactor effluent instead of at the intake? May help with control.

Also, have you tried running unit without a solenoid? Just to see if the bubbles stop in that configuration as well to maybe eliminate the solenoid as the issue? They are prone to failure and need to be replaced/repaired every couple of years.

Lastly, have you cleaned out your entire CaRX? Including the tubing and the cloth at the bottom below the rubble? There are times when the media gets reduced so small that it clogs up the cloth/pumps/tubing causing it to be difficult for your effluent to leave your reactor. I'd be careful with this situation as you may pop the top off your CaRX if too much pressure builds up.

Sent via Tapatalk

I had the flow control on the effluent side originally, and was having this problem. I tried to move it to the intake to relieve some of the pressure from the pump.

The solenoid is working fine. I've tested it.

I have not cleaned it out yet. That's my next resort if I can't figure out whats wrong

Ty came by last night since he was in the neighborhood. I had just finished cleaning everything and refilling media. I removed to bubble counter on the regulator and added an air check valve on the co2 line. Worked great through the night!

No, the valve is to make no water gets back pressured into the co2 valve and regulator which is what was happening.

Similar to a water check valve but it's designed for airline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk