Flea bomb?

Juiceman

Flea bombs (foggers) all contain one or more ofthe following : Cypermethrin, Methroprene, Nylar, Permethrin and Tetramethrin. All of these are toxic to fish and marine life. Covering the tank properly is a must, however; remember these foggers will leave lots of residue when finished so be sure to wipe down the tank and other contact surfaces in the hom,e as well.

With that said I would find it too risky to bomb the house with a reef tank inside. I would go the more laborious route to kill the infestation. A really good vacuuming and or shampooing of carpets and furniture to include undeneath all furniture. Then a good flea powder applied to the carpets and upolsty furniture., followed by another good vacuum after prolonged contact time. In additoon be sure to spray perimeter of home to inside and out with an approved insecticide.

This will do as good or better of a job killing all fleas than setting off a flea bomb and is much safer for the reef tank.

• Like 2

I have to agree with that, I wouldn't risk it, it's more labor intensive but loosing everything in the tank would be more work and $$$

Flea bombs (foggers) all contain one or more ofthe following : Cypermethrin, Methroprene, Nylar, Permethrin and Tetramethrin. All of these are toxic to fish and marine life. Covering the tank properly is a must, however; remember these foggers will leave lots of residue when finished so be sure to wipe down the tank and other contact surfaces in the hom,e as well.

With that said I would find it too risky to bomb the house with a reef tank inside. I would go the more laborious route to kill the infestation. A really good vacuuming and or shampooing of carpets and furniture to include undeneath all furniture. Then a good flea powder applied to the carpets and upolsty furniture., followed by another good vacuum after prolonged contact time. In additoon be sure to spray perimeter of home to inside and out with an approved insecticide.

This will do as good or better of a job killing all fleas than setting off a flea bomb and is much safer for the reef tank.

As long as the tank is covered with a trash bag then you should have no issues. As for the root of the problem we give our beagles Comfortis which is a monthly chewable flea tablet.

Just because you bomb your house and yard doesn't mean your neighbors do the same so within a month or less they'll be back.

two words: diatomaceous earth. Fine white powder, non-toxic, dries out any insect with an exoskeleton. Can be messy but very effective.

+1 for DE! it's mostly comprised of crushed sea shells and commonly used in pool filters. Used it a couple times as a pest deterrent on the perimeter of my house, it works for sure, but you have to have an effective way to spread it and like mentioned above, an even better way to clean it up, because it is a super fine powder.

Would also note that, fleas are horrible this year and almost all of the dogs i know are battling them aswell, even being on trifexis, frontline and several other bathing products. the downside of a wet winter; an annoying spring and miserable summer as far as mosquitoes, fleas and ticks go. -_-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk