New Tank Plan Triple Tier Zero Edge

Vincent-Thai

Since my nano have broken on me I took it as a sign to build one of my dream tanks . so after all that I sold everything I'm able to afford to get this triple tier zero edge tank made !!!

I'm exited ! As soon as i get the remaining funds from some friends this tank will made within 2 week ! :D

7ate6ype.jpg

1st tier - will hold mangroves , macro algae , and PODS

2nd tier - all corals and few fish

Last tier would all be zoas and frags and Probaly have a school of fish going around

Ahh the more I think about the more I'm exited :D

What you guys think ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It gonna be a pain to clean but I don't mind it tongue.png hahaha yeh in a few months you guys are welcome to come look x)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you will have to host an ARC meeting for a tank reveal

• Like 1

Initial reaction: WOW! That will be so cool!

And second: D*%@! I'd hate to have to clean the algae off both sides! laugh.png

I know for ponds for a water fall a flow of about 100 GPH per inch is recommended. What is used for a zero edge like that and is there an additional pump(s) use for the 2nd tier to keep a consistant flow over a much larger lip?

I've always wandered if there would be a lot of salt creep with a zero edge tank. I guess since the bottom tank has a lip then it would be fine. It's a beautiful concept.

It seems to me that the edges on the overflow tanks would have to be perfectly aligned and level in order to get the water to flow over in such a way to prevent distortion. Have you read anything about this? I've always thought this was a cool idea, just wondering about logistics.

• 5 months later...