Linkia

lenver

Yes reef safe, nicos reef usually has them, give them a call, that's where I got mine, I am thinking about getting another one, don't know if a blue since for what I've read their harder, my only recommendation is to slowly acclimate for about 3 hours, and make sure your tank is at least 6 months old

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Both these and fromia's are reef safe but very difficult to keep long term. Long acclimation, like 4 - 6 hours is normally recommended while keeping temp steady.

If you can keep them for a year or more, that's an accomplishment. Juiceman's 2.5 is one of the longest I've heard of. Fromia's are listed as easy(er) but they're completely impossibly in my research. Maybe just the acclimation is easier. I had one for about 6 months and it finally died on me. If you research around the web, virtually nobody has documented as keeping one for more than a few months except in extremely large tanks.

I think I'm going to look into getting a red one.

I suggest reasearching them. They're sensitive to changes in pH, salinity and dissolved oxygen content. They have a high mortality rate, don't ship well and often starve to death in aquariums. The blue are harder to keep than the orange. I agree with Jestep, I've never even heard of someone keeping one longer than a year, let alone 2.5 years.

I've had a blue one since September and it appears to be doing great. My sand bed is fairly nasty though so maybe that's working in it's favor. I don't remember doing an extensive acclimation. Got it at a frag swap with about 17 frags and most likely just dripped him for an hour or so. I didn't realize they had such a short life span in an aquarium.

You beat me to posting my Orange Linkia I got from Niko's! They had some really nice ones last week. It's in the system featured at January's meeting with a blue linkia purchased 5 years ago. Regarding Fromia spp. I do not get them anymore. I once got a dozen and placed them 11 different systems then between 5 and 7 months had all of them die suggesting to me they are not getting the proper food and starving.

post-1247-0-81171900-1396654230_thumb.jp

I had a blue in the past... loved it, though I lost it after a year or so:

gallery_249_355_1300412.jpg

I now have an orange one from the Dome, and that thing gets around my tank pretty fast:

post-249-0-80915000-1392685890_thumb.jpg
I still never understood the day I caught it crawling over my maxi mini carpet anemone:
post-249-0-56706800-1391991013_thumb.jpg

I had a blue one that my hermits decided to eat within two days of purchasing it. I swear my hermits are super aggressive. Really thinking about getting rid of them.

I got rid of mine in 2005. Same problem, they destroy stuff. I have one hermit in the tank right now that came on some liverock. He's on probation though.