Huge Rookie Mistake

haze152

As most of you know I just upgraded to 125 gallon tank. I reused all live rock and add about 50 lbs of live rock. Water quality was perfect so I decide to add some tangs a week later. Unfortunately I lost all the tang but one lesson learned to much to fast because of this costly mistake I am now building a QT system. all the tang did really good the first 2 weeks however I lost the ICH and stress battle.

I am with you on this Ty. After lsoing my Copperband and Pseudo, I added my tangs to replace the lost fish and now I am on cruise control. Just going to let my tank ride for a while except for some corals here and there, no livestock

Oh and by the way haze the fire and ice and everlasting gobstoppers are doing great in my tank.

Sorry man. That is disheartening to hear. QT for sure and you and I just need to slam on the brakes for a bit and let everything stabilize.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Breaks are on

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about your situation. I'm confused though about what happened. Were the fish possibly sick when you bought them, so that's why you want to make a quarantine tank? Or was the problem with the new bigger tank so you are slowing down and not putting anything in the new tank until the problem is fixed?