skimmer cup drain

etannert

I have a Bubble Magus NAC6. Its cup is set up with a drain line so that one can drain the cup directly to an external vessel. I'd rather not do this as the space in my stand is not conducive to this, but I got the skimmer second-hand so I don't have the plug/cap that would usually come along with it. I've looked a few places online and can't find it for purchase. Any ideas on how/where I can create/find one of these?

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like tubing came with it so adding a cutoff valve would be a good solution. I always seem to have a valve or two leftover from some BRS contraption I've bought. Pm me with the tube size if you think that would work.

Probably the easiest solution would be to clamp the tubing it or simply double it over to kink it and tape it to hold the kink in place. That's standard procedure for drip irrigation supply lines which are under pressures up to 70 psi.

post-2030-0-91677600-1395030449_thumb.jp

BTW, I think its a good idea to avoid those external skimmer tanks anyways. IMO they are a potential time bomb for a lot of tank setups. Its real easy to imagine a scenario where a skimmer overflows (a common problem) and fills the reservoir until it overflows onto the floor slowly draining the tank. At the same time an ATO is dumping Kalk and RO into the sump lowering the salinity and quickly increasing the pH. I have a controller that would be able to run interference before most of those issues would become catastrophic but even so I sleep better without an external skimmer tank attached to my system.