Apex fusion reaches open beta stage

Wait, so do we need to go through the firmware update sequence before we start using fusion?

Yes to make sure it has the fusion components, plus it will give you the fusion token so you can link the Apex

Ty, the other day I sent you a paypal gift for Tim's family with what little money I had in that account; hopefully you got it. So it took me a few days, but today I figured out that if I turn off the wireless on my phone, I get two shots at joining the program (computer + phone). Not that this strategy is paying off since I'm still not in, but thought I'd share it.

Yes. I got your donation JCAB. That was very generous of you sir and I'm sure the family will really appreciate it as well as all the other donations from us ARC'ers. What a great club! Over $1,000 raised so far!

I've been just clicking whenever I think about it but I'm not overly worried about getting it. Everything is running great as is and I'm already past the timeframe for being one of the cool first people to get it. I'll just be one of the lame guys who finally gets a smartphone or streams a movie for the first time instead of watching a dvd. Haha.

• Like 1

I think there is a bug in the Fusion site. I got it all setup and working, seems to work well. But the camera feed.... not so good. I have two real issues with it. There is one REALLY cool think about it. But first the issues, my fish look, well fake, or dead. They are just "standing" still. Second my fish, the few that I have, just look like an Angel Fish, not even a reef safe angel, and my coral, well they look all wrong as well, I mean they look good, but not like they do when I am looking at the tank directly. No for the REALLY cool part, I don't even HAVE a camera on the tank, but Fusion is some how providing that! NICE JOB APEX!

• Like 1

I honestly would have waited had it not been for AT&T switching out my gateway. It was such a pain to set that up that I find clicking much easier to do. I'll probably give up in the next couple of days and bite the bullet and set it up. On the positive side for everyone else, based on my luck, I'm sure that once I finish setting it up, Neptune will release Fusion to the general public.

I think there is a bug in the Fusion site. I got it all setup and working, seems to work well. But the camera feed.... not so good. I have two real issues with it. There is one REALLY cool think about it. But first the issues, my fish look, well fake, or dead. They are just "standing" still. Second my fish, the few that I have, just look like an Angel Fish, not even a reef safe angel, and my coral, well they look all wrong as well, I mean they look good, but not like they do when I am looking at the tank directly. No for the REALLY cool part, I don't even HAVE a camera on the tank, but Fusion is some how providing that! NICE JOB APEX!

That emperor angel looks KILLER.

I honestly would have waited had it not been for AT&T switching out my gateway. It was such a pain to set that up that I find clicking much easier to do. I'll probably give up in the next couple of days and bite the bullet and set it up. On the positive side for everyone else, based on my luck, I'm sure that once I finish setting it up, Neptune will release Fusion to the general public.

I've got a solution for you... I just found out about this program called teamviewer that lets a remote user control your computer. I could log in try to help you out sometime?

I've always wanted angels but could never have them because of the coral. I must get fusion now!

Victoly, depending on your billing rate, I might have some work for you on the moon. It'll be 5 years each hitch but imagine the corals you could buy when you get back.

I'm in! Like Schrisev, it only took me 8 or 10 thousand tries! Ty, if you want to PM me your email, I can keep trying for you. Victoly, thank you so much for your generous offers!

• Like 1

The key was to stop giving a $@#. Once Neptune sensed I was no longer desperate and I could take it or leave it, it came running to me. FYI, also works with dating. ;-)

As weird as it sounds, set up was too easy. I was left with a "that's it?" feeling. I'm not sure I like the new interface (I much prefer the old interface) as I find their logo full of swirls too busy and distracting, but I like how easy it is to access over the internet.

The key was to stop giving a $@#. Once Neptune sensed I was no longer desperate and I could take it or leave it, it came running to me. FYI, also works with dating. ;-)

As weird as it sounds, set up was too easy. I was left with a "that's it?" feeling. I'm not sure I like the new interface (I much prefer the old interface) as I find their logo full of swirls too busy and distracting, but I like how easy it is to access over the internet.

Yeah, once they get this set up for mobile access, i can't wait to ditch all the port forwarding, static IP garbage.

• Like 1