That's not where you belong!

o0zarkawater

So I posted a status update on Thursday night that my wonderful Maroon big momma clown had hidden a frag of Agaves from me.

She doesn't often move stuff around, but when she does I can always find it hanging out in the sandbed near her anemone.

I searched the whole sandbed for these Agaves, with actinics only so they could shine, with flashlight, and with MH on as well. No luck. Even looked behind the rockwork and moved a few things around.

I FOUND THEM!

post-1199-0-92562100-1394300748_thumb.jp

She moved them to another frag rack.

post-1199-0-29122400-1394300746_thumb.jp

I guess she thought they weren't getting enough light back under the skimmer return. She moved them laterally across the tank about 14" or so and dropped them next to my space monsters.

Glad I found them!

Anyone else find frags in weird places, thanks to your fish/crabs/urchins?

That is funny. I used to have a blue damsel that loved to move frags around every day. Eventually I got tiered and moved out the damsel.

BTW what is this encrusting thing with green and yellow polyps? Would you like to share a piece for a small fee?

That is funny. I used to have a blue damsel that loved to move frags around every day. Eventually I got tiered and moved out the damsel.

BTW what is this encrusting thing with green and yellow polyps? Would you like to share a piece for a small fee?

That's my Sunset Montipora. I might be able to get a chunk off when I finally get rid of that frag rack. Not sure when that will be.

I know RCA has a few chunks in their large frag tanks. They don't look as good, but that is where mine came from and colored up in my tank.

If this is sunset monti then forget it, I have it. It looks however quite different, all polyps are intense green not yellow at all. It must be the light difference, you probably are running MH and everything looks better. The other possibility is that you actually have a rainbow monti and don't want to share wink.png . That would be conspiracy theory, wouldn't it?

I hear you Ty, but I think that is not that case. I got my sunset from Hydro more than a year ago (when he was tearing down his monster tank). It is encrusting nicely and looks like it should, green polyps on orange body. The one on Ozarka pic looks like a bicolor, Is yours two color as well?

Are you looking at the chili pepper monti in front of it?

I can see somewhat of a yellower looking polyps versus the greener looking polyps but that looks like its more based on the intensity of light and possible camera used. I've had a rainbow monti before and it doesn't really look like that to me.

Its sunset. The yellow is partly from camera angle and high light, but in all honesty some of the polyps do look yellow sometimes. I do have a chunk of rainbow, but it was on that back frag rack under the skimmer return, so it's mostly brown. I just moved it out to another rack today to see if I can get it to color up.

And yes, Chilli pepper. Good eye Ty.