SuperReef Metal Halide Bulbs?

Timbo3416

I am moving to a set of 400W metal halide fixtures my my main DT, and I am looking for the best bulbs at the best price. I noticed on eBay there are SuperReef Vivid 12K FC2 double end bulbs for $35.70 a bulb. I understand the concept of getting what you pay for, but with MH bulbs I
have not really seen any difference with my old 250W fixtures running expensive or cheaper bulbs. So has anyone used SuperReef bulbs or heard of someone that has?

Please don't comment if you don't have any info on SuperReef Vivid bulbs - if you always use Hamilton or some other brand and it works for you great but that doesn't answer my question. There is a lot of FUD and folks overpaying based on misinformation out there and I want to cut through that and figure out if these will work or not. I hate to put that in there but it seems too many thread turn into fanboy flame contests and that is what I am trying to avoid.

Thanks in advance!

My old 125 before I upgraded. Was running 250-watt on this tank. Currently running 400 watt on my new tank once I upgraded to a deeper tank. Hope the info helps and ignore if it wasn't what you were looking for. Thanks.

20131008_201626_zps5a43cdf5.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk