Flatworm?

JCAB

Well, that explains it. I'm whiter than white bread, LOL. And I speak just enough spanish to get into trouble that I cannot get back out of. So, this cucuy is the Mexican version of the closet monster. Got it. That particular monster haunted me as a small child.

I can't say for sure, but somehow I think that might be a bad idea. First of all, I have NO idea on the toxicity, but second, I don't think you could actually seal the thing in, I'm betting that there is a "back door" to the lair.

Yeah, I don't think you can glue it in either. From my understanding their body form allows them to get through very small openings that you wouldn't otherwise think they could squeeze through. I was somewhat amazed at the tunnels in the rock that mine was in.

Anyone want a polyclad flatworm? You'll have to take the second still in my tank (I think it "broke" into 2. It was only half way in when I yanked the trap out. It had gone half in before when the frackin cleaner shrimps came in and scared it away. It was going in again when I saw the shrimp coming back so I panicked. I think I'm gonna call it a night (as soon as my adrenaline goes down) as I imagine it won't come back out to eat if it's hurt. I'll try to post a picture of the one I caught.

Here is a picture of the one I caught. Now I need to trap the second one. What am I supposed to do with it? I feel bad killing it (I assume clove oil works the same on them as it does on FW fish). I wonder if the Austin Aquarium would take it...

post-3005-0-77213200-1393346524_thumb.jp

It's actually pretty cool looking, esp. when it starts moving around.

I think it would have been easier for me to kill it when getting it out, rather than putting it in a container and watching it all day....I'm sending it to a better place as soon as I find the clove oil.

Edited by JCAB

Just caught the second much larger worm (the one I originally saw). Unfortunately, I threw the trap across the room (a clear plastic container that OOzarka gave me when I bought some Mohawks from him) and I won't be able to use it again to see if there are any more. I think that this is it, though. Yesterday, when I caught the smaller one, I am fairly certain that it was the larger one and that when I pulled the trap out, the worm split (although that seems like to easy of a split) - the reason I say that is that at first I didnt think I had caught anything, since the big flatworm was laying on the sand, momentarily stunned. Anyway, fingers crossed that this is it. Thanks to everyone that responded for your help!

post-3005-0-54167200-1393389905_thumb.jp