Aptasia best removal methods ?

Neon Reefer

Ok guys

Lets hear some of your sure fire methods for removing some pretty stubborn Aptasia or Mosjano anemones. I have some who retract back into the rock like lightning.

I have used or attempted to use Aptasia X or the Wand but these guys are now pretty sly and hard to even get anything close to them before they retract.

Removing the rock they are on is NOT a realistic option, so any suggestions short of that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andre'

Looking at nudibranch prices online and seem a little pricey. But I think this will be the best approach for me. Couple of questions about them. I know they are considered reef safe but do they become prey to Cleaner shrimp or Wrasses and Hog fish ? What happens when they consume all the anemones? Do they turn to Zoas ect.. or starve?

Anyone know of any local sources?

I'm not an austinite, but I would be WAY down to get in on a nudibranch group buy. I'd probably not be the best person to organize it though as I'm not local and only make it to town once every month or two

Btw peppermints and aiptasia x have been a complete failure at controlling them for me

Edited by Bpb

I've tried three methods:

CBB - Mine wouldn't eat them once he got on prepared foods.

Peppermints - I bought two. After a few months I hadn't noticed a decrease. I hear they only eat the small baby ones and won't go after the big stalks.

Injections - The best method I've tried in injection. I used an insulin needle to inject stuff into the stalks or the mouth of the aiptasia. The best stuff I've used is Formalin Blue, but I dont recommend it if you have other inverts. I've heard boiling water and salt solutions above 1.030 kill them as well. If you have some left over medication then I would shoot em with that.

I think it also depends on where the peppermints are sourced from as well as available food in the tank. Aren't there like a dozen "sub species" of "true peppermint shrimp?" As doesn't one Lysmata wurdemanni not equal another Lysmata wurdemanni??