New 125 Gallon Build

haze152

So I am going to pick up my new 125 Gallon Tank this weekend. Here is the problem i am facing currently most of my Acros are RTNing. My water Perm are perfect, After reviewing a weeks graph temperature has been steady at 78.5 with no spikes my PH is 8.3. All of my LPS are doing fine I have 15 different acans 30 different Z an P all doing fine. So here is my question. Should I start over fresh with all new dry rock or keep the 140 lbs of live rock that I have. The live rock is 18 moths old and is solid purple.

I'd give it a good rinse in fresh saltwater and use it. Just swish it around to get any "gunk" out. I'm betting the rock has nothing to do with the sps loss. Sticks are just temperamental little thangs sometimes.

That is exactly what I was thinking.

This time around I am going to focus on LPS I am going to do a very open aquascpae the skimmer I have is rated for 600 Gallons

Hmmm, thats a good question. I don't have any experience moving tanks, yet, but i would think that if all of your parameters are in check then IMO it seems like a waste not to reuse at least some of it.