brs dual flow for bp's?

Wardlaw

Actually the purpose built one from BRS is the same as the GFO or Carbon reactor. I think its the screen on top thats different but not by much. If you do decide to put pellets in there put it in the first chamber so you can tumble the pellets. The second chamber will probably have to be for GFO because of the pressure of the water exiting the first chamber is real high and you can't slow that down without slowing down the pellets. It would be to much for Carbon since that needs a slower flow to be effective.

thanks guys....i have it in the first chamber and initially there is a ton of pressure and the gfo tumbles like crazy...the problem i keep running into is the gummy, stinky, "biofilm" becomes so thick i eventually get almost no flow and im using a pump with more flow than the 1200 that comes with the unit normally

do you think the different "guts" would change this or not

Nah not really because mine get the biofilm also and i bought the Pellet Reactor. But i really don't touch it for about three months and even then all i do is clean the screen and put it right back in. Then they tumble like normal

so do your's stop tumbling and you just leave them be?

No never stops tumbling completely, but once it slows down i notice the bioplets on one side of the tube just kinda sit there while the opposite side is tumbling slowly. Usually that means the screen has that slimy crap clogging the top and also on the screen of the tube itself. Once cleaned a bit it goes back to tumbling like normal. I usually shake the canister just to loosen it up.