Buying a new tank

KimP

I'm getting ready to buy another tank and I'm curious why people buy from the places they do. I notice some order directly from the manufacturer, others from RCA or the Dome. Feel free to pm why you bought from whichever place. I'm going to try and stick with a standard size so I should be able to buy from anywhere.

I like DSA but it's only available from LFS. I usually order from a friend of mine who owns a LFS but sometimes I order from Aquadome 'cause I feel sorry for Terry and Hunter having to deal with Gary on an almost daily basis. smile.png

I like DSA but it's only available from LFS. I usually order from a friend of mine who owns a LFS but sometimes I order from Aquadome 'cause I feel sorry for Terry and Hunter having to deal with Gary on an almost daily basis. smile.png

OUCH dude! I mean, I kinda know what ur sayin' but ****! LMAO

I bought a Marineland 150g 48x24x31 with predrilled corner overflow from Stinky's in Manor when Travis was there. I'm not sure if Curtis kept the business going or not. I know Travis is selling tanks at his new store Niko's Reef in Pf. It may be a good idea to contact him.

I was about to pull the trigger on a reef savvy tank the other day, till I found out shipping and crate was 1200 dollars without the 400 dollar tank... so now I'm triyng to find better alternatives... shipping on tanks is murder, which is why I think the majority of us select from the vendors we do.

I was about to pull the trigger on a reef savvy tank the other day, till I found out shipping and crate was 1200 dollars without the 400 dollar tank... so now I'm triyng to find better alternatives... shipping on tanks is murder, which is why I think the majority of us select from the vendors we do.

I agree. Hiring movers for out of state moves is out as well. I have a 180g in Seattle that I wanted to get moved to Austin. The lowest quote I got was $1,200.