Pls inspect this montipora plate

Clark

I've never had this type of coral before. When I got this frag it was uniformly orange. For the last month it showed no growth or change. Recently I added more fish to the tank and now the plate is showing bright growth around all of the edges but the interior is fading fast. Is this how they normally look?

Thanks

post-3419-0-61748700-1390264778_thumb.jp

I don't think it/they are upside down. When I mounted them a month ago, they were pink on top and white on the bottom. Also, the finger monti I got from Sherita was fine for a month but is also now white on top and orange only on the shaded underside; I mounted it (stupidly?) horizontally so it would grow out from the reef.

However, I can look under one of the plates that is mounted out from a ledge and it does look slightly more fleshy on the underside. The underside gets diffuse lighting through the skeleton.

I now remember that I increased the intensity of my lighting about 20% after I measured their par last month. Is this bleaching and possibly indicative of too much lighting?