Wanted! HOB protein skimmer for biocube 29g

reefEnVy

Hello everyone I have a biocube 29 and I'm looking for a protein skimmer that would wok with the system. I know I'm very limited with what I can do but still need one. Let me know if your selling a hob or any skimmer that can be made to work. There are some I know that will work, but if you got one that will and can show me I'll take it. Please lmk what you got. Working with $100 or less, thanks!

I have an Instant Ocean Seaclone Protein Skimmer rated for 100 Gallons. Used it on my 29 - it's awesome...but full of tube worms you'll have to scrape out (that won't be hard). Other than that, the seals have been replaced and it's good to go, plus I have a couple extra sponges I can throw in. And the best part? I respond to messages.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have the hqi I've seen they can be trouble in chamber 1 on the power compact model. I have a hood also. I just don't think I can set it up to work. If you think u can do it I'll take it

Edited by reefEnVy

I have been using the coralife biocube protein skimmer in my 29 biocube for about a year. They are cheap but very effective and fit in the rear right hand chamber with no problems. I am using my cube for softies, two clownfish, one lawnmower blenny, purple psuedo, one yellow tail damsel and a cleaner shrimp and have had no high nutrient issues. Just fyi :)