LED Light schedule???

rockstarwiggle

So recently got some new leds after MUCH consideration and input from all of yall!! Thanks! I found some chinese lights that, well, are getting great reviews overseas etc. Fairly new here, but I found them and bought one module. So far, I am extremely happy! Only time will tell............

They are Intellisun Smart Aquarium LED Lights. I have one 85watt module. Here is the configuration and a few pictures. MY BOTTOM LINE QUESTION IS AND I PROBABLY ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER....PAR METER..... BUT HOW DOES THIS LIGHT SCHEDULE LOOK??? Do you have recommendations from your set up?

A little info:

LED QUANTITY: 1* 40W matrix LEDs + 20*3W LEDs

The Aquaspecial: Channel 1: Consists of a large 40W central led that looks like an array led module & 8 x 3W leds that is evenly spaced around the 40W led.

The BluePlus: Channel 2: Consisting of 6 x 3W Royal blue leds spaced into two clusters on either side of the 40W led. (455nm)

The PurplePlus: Channel 3: Consisting of 6 x 3W leds also spaced into two clusters on either side of the large 40W led. (415nm)

It has a led lunar cycle and programmable auto-dimmed control: Each channel can be separately and smartly auto-dimmed by the programmable controller.

I dont have pictures yet. As I am not sure how to get best pics, but I hope to attend the January meeting!!

post-3198-0-77404000-1389208079_thumb.pn

post-3198-0-41516300-1389208254_thumb.pn

post-3198-0-86438300-1389208270.png

I would keep a close eye on how the coral react. It's easy to bleach them when switching to a high powered LED setup. The progression looks great, but I would still be concerned about the overall intensity.

Yeah, par meter (which i currently have). I'd go 10% lower than what you have now and slowly ramp up. I've burned/bleached when changing LED setups at the same par, so go low and acclimate over a period of weeks or months, especially if ou have sps.

I have a few sps. Its been a few days. I'll take a look at 10% lower. But yeah. These lights at 100% on all three are BRIGHT! I am hoping my forest fire digi starts growing or reacts positively. Keeping my fingers crossed that the orange setosa likes em!!

• 2 weeks later...

These are VERY similar to a diy 'evil cluster'. I prototyped one and hung on the long tank. Found that I can run a similar ramp with very similar power/wattage levels as what you show to acclimate. I couldn't find the manufacturer's info in the '40w' center array. Nice looking light.

Yes. I made some adjustments. Lowered the aquaspecial by 10% across the board. Increased blues and purple by double. I was getting algae blooming. Now its slowed down. The colors on the corals are really popping. All corals are extending!! My gbta has stopped extending and now is compacted and green again! So far so good. Max percentage is 80 for about 3 hours. So far so good.