snails making a get away!

rockstarwiggle

Thought I would share my story of my super nerite snail! He is about 3/8". Little guy. Hes is always making a run or crawl for it!! I always find him at bottom of tank or on the floor. This time I found him 4 feet away from my tank under the couch! Put him in tank and he is still alive!!! No telling how long he has been out of tank.

Nerites are known to exit the tank. Many of the Nerite snails collected are shore species gathered in coastal pools and during low tides. They're generally not recommended for reef tanks because they exit the tank or starve to death. You'll have the best luck with Nerites from Reefcleaners.org IMO.

Mine check out constantly. I find them all over the living room. Once they hit the tile the cats bat them around for a while and lose interest. I've put them back in the tank after being out for several days and they were still alive. Mine have actually successfully hatched egg clutches as well and what started as tiny dots the size of the end of a ballpoint pin, are now about 1/2 cm and getting their dark color coming in. My tank can just about comfortably support the 8 adults I've got. No tellin what I'll do with several dozen babies that are all over