That's cold, AquaMinder...

Clark

While conducting a test of a temperature sensor in my in-progress DIY controller, I made a chilling discovery. My DIY controller showed a temperature that was FIVE degrees lower than the AquaMinder I have standing guard in my tank right now. Which was one correct?

I took the Aquaminder out and put it and the DIY sensor into an ice bath. The DIY sensor settled at 32F. The AquaMinder ran a firm bluff against known physical laws with an audacious 37F! Et tu, Brute?

This means my tank has actually been running at 74F for the last who-knows-how-long! Maybe that's why I lost a few newcomers to the tank in recent months: 2 large Turbo snails, and a b/w clown. Arg!

So I've spent the last week slowly raising my tank temp to 79F. My new monti frags from Ty are bleaching out, maybe because of the shock. So far all of the softies and palys are holding up ok. My RBTA is a little smaller but color and bubbles are looking good. The watch continues...

Clark