Coraline Algae tool

lenver

I have heard Credit Cards do well on Acrylic... but also Kent has a good scraper that has a plastic blade. I have the metal blade one for my glass and it works very well. Hopefully someone else with an Acrylic tank will chime in for you.

ok, the Kent version has several handle lengths, including a really long one.. they only difference between the glass and acrylic versions is the replacable blade (metal for glass and plastic for acrylic. I have both the small handle and the 12" ones that I use on my Biocube29 and my 180g... I believe they have a 24" handle as well.

I have a flipper shipping to my house this week. They're on sale at Drs. Foster and Smith right now. I hear it's pretty much garbage straight out of the package, but that there is a modification to the blade that is supposed to make it work better. I have not tried it or the modification, but I'll let you know when I do.

I have a flipper shipping to my house this week. They're on sale at Drs. Foster and Smith right now. I hear it's pretty much garbage straight out of the package, but that there is a modification to the blade that is supposed to make it work better. I have not tried it or the modification, but I'll let you know when I do.

not sure where you heard it was garbage but it's the best thing i've used. Just don't ever let sand get caught between the pad and your glass or you'll get scratches regardless of which blade you use.

• Like 1

This isn't my experience. My has worked fantastic from second 1 and I've used it for many months. I love mine! One of the best aquarium things I've found over the years!

I don't see the flipper on sale at Dr Foster Smith, I just placed an order this afternoon also.

Sorry everyone, I was talking about the Mag Flip and not the Flipper.

I ordered a Mag Flip and the reviews from different sites were questioning the strength of the blade. There is a modification for the Mag Flip to make it better. I'll let you know if it works.

I don't see the flipper on sale at Dr Foster Smith, I just placed an order this afternoon also.

Sorry everyone, I was talking about the Mag Flip and not the Flipper.

I ordered a Mag Flip and the reviews from different sites were questioning the strength of the blade. There is a modification for the Mag Flip to make it better. I'll let you know if it works.

i was checking out the flipper site (someone linked it above) and they had a note that they pulled the patent license from mag flip because they were not satisfied with the quality, improved the design, and started producing them somewhere else.