FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

Post a picture and I'll tell you. [emoji2]

I wouldn't use the Miyagi tort picture I have up as a basis for comparison. Once grown out, the colony looks a lot different in growth form than a valida... even thickness of branches is very different between the two.

Haha I don't think you've ever seen my tank with a living coral in it! It still has some coloring up to do to look like what it used to look like. It was green and purple base with green polyps.I did get it from Niko's but I remember them saying it came in as a mariculture.

If it's the same one I'm thinking of, it's a valida. The branches are a lot thinner than the miyagi tort. If you saw my tort in person, you'd see what I'm talking about. The branches are much thicker than a valida even though in the picture, it looks about the same.

1920d56de0a65530859b94e562ccfb1c.jpg

That teal/blue mariculture is probably my favorite of your new aquisitions. At least in its current state. When pearlberry reaches optimum coloring, I've yet to see any acropora with more desirable color rendering than that.

That teal/blue mariculture is probably my favorite of your new aquisitions. At least in its current state. When pearlberry reaches optimum coloring, I've yet to see any acropora with more desirable color rendering than that.

I feel ya... the color is even better in person. I sure hope the teal stays and I'm beginning to get my hopes up as it's been that way since I acquired it. The rest of my maricultures seem like they are coloring up well and so I anticipate that this one, which has been in my system longer, is at its final color morph. If so, that'd be awesome! I'll have to ID it later once the branches grow out a little bit. It's too hard to tell right now.

I agree with you... nothing I've ever seen has beat the color rendering of a full-grown and colored colony of pearlberry.

FTV Video update:

Sorry, been awhile since I made a video and I realized I need to tone it down on some of the flyover speeds. doh.gif

The cyano is almost going away completely. It's been real hard to be patient with it and not just dump some chemiclean in there. Go figure... use 0 TDS RO/DI water and cyano goes away.

Quick update on corals as well. All corals growing and happy... by that I mean SPS of course. What other corals are out there? grin.png Alk has been stable since I caught the fact that the pH probe needed to be calibrated... it's been safe enough to test weekly these days. Woohoo!!!

Also, the emperor has decreed several other colonies of zoas shall be banished from the display tank. Looks like he's only going to tolerate purple deaths, nuclear greens, and grande palys. I hope people are ready for a zoa explosion at C4!

• Like 1

You can always just relocate those zoas to our display tank. We'll keep them safe from the bad Mr. Emperor.

Have any pictures of said zoas? Meg probably would be interested in helping remove them from your sump with cash.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to C4 so I can make those colonies on the left disappear and start aquascaping the left side of the tank and adding my maricultures and my frag rack of goodies on there. It'll be full before I know it!

Here's my current red planet colony. That's all that survived the upgrade crash. It literally was 2-3 polyps so that's actually a ton of progress. I got a little while to go but those red planets grow like weeds when they are happy so I'm hoping I don't have to wait too long.

9bc3ad5b9d13758e40715af952c090e1.jpg

You can always just relocate those zoas to our display tank. We'll keep them safe from the bad Mr. Emperor.

Have any pictures of said zoas? Meg probably would be interested in helping remove them from your sump with cash.

Save those cash frags Dan. I'll be fragging them up for C4.

Off the top of my head:

-fruit loops

-cherry bombs/zombie eyes

-king midas

-Tubbs blue zoas

-dragoneyes (gold center, green skirts, not to be confused with radioactive dragoneyes)

-pretty pennies

-cyan colored zoas (look like Tubbs but with cyan centers)

-candy apple oranges (from ReefRaft)

-blondies

-bam bams

-AOGS

-cat eyes (one of my favorites )

-fire and ice

-Sunbursts

Okay, I lied. I just went over to the sump and looked so not off the top of my head. [emoji4]

• Like 1

when did you get the leopard?

Got it as an impulse buy from Niko's to replace my leopard wrasse that died through the QT treatment of marine velvet.

It went through a freshwater dip and a quick prazipro session before going in. Mandarins, leopard wrasses, and potentially another regal will be bypassed for QT as I feel like they all don't do well in QT.

The rest get to hang out in this! [emoji2]

37236687e901d57966698f9fd6edd648.jpg

The tank looks great! I actually watched the whole thing, very rare for me.

I don't QT any wrasses and I've never lost one due to disease, listlessness or not accepting food. Leopards are especially sensitive. Yours looks great!

I'm going to keep pushing the limit on the length of videos... I'll slowly condition you to watch 20 min reef tank videos without batting an eyelash.

Agreed on the leopard wrasses, however, personally I will still QT the other wrasses, like the fairy wrasses.